Sailing calm seas
As you enter retirement and begin living off your savings and investments, there are several important financial events to consider:
- Budgeting your money: You will need to create a budget that accounts for your retirement income and expenses, including healthcare costs, housing, and entertainment. It's important to be realistic about your spending and to make adjustments as needed to ensure your money lasts for the rest of your life.
- Managing your investments: You will need to continue managing your investments to ensure they continue to meet your financial goals and risk tolerance. This may involve rebalancing your portfolio, adjusting your investment strategy, or seeking professional advice.
- Setting up your estate: As you age, it's important to plan for the transfer of your assets to your loved ones in the event of your death. This may involve setting up a will, trust, or other estate planning tools.
- Dealing with Centrelink: Depending on your financial situation, you may need to deal with Centrelink to access government benefits such as the Age Pension. It's important to understand the rules around these benefits and to seek professional advice if necessary.
- Managing healthcare costs: As you age, healthcare costs may become a significant expense. It's important to understand your healthcare options and to plan for potential long-term care needs.
Overall, managing your finances during retirement requires careful planning and attention to detail. By taking proactive steps to manage your money, investments, and estate planning, you can ensure a comfortable and secure retirement.
If you have any questions or need help with your finances, please don't hesitate to contact us via email or phone at (07) 3395 8900. Our team of financial experts is here to support you and help you achieve your best life.