Embarking on your journey will look different to every individual and start at different times in your life. For most people, this tends to be the time when you first start to investigate your finances seriously.
Beginning your journey is a significant life event that can have a lasting impact on your finances. It may seem daunting, but we can help you build a solid financial foundation through these major events:
- Starting to earn an income: One of the most significant financial changes that occurs when someone enters the workforce is the ability to start earning an income. This income will likely be the primary source of funds for living expenses, saving, and creating a budget.
- Setting up a superannuation account: Superannuation is a retirement savings plan in Australia. It's important to understand how it works, including contribution requirements, investment options, and tax implications.
- Purchasing insurance: Getting insurance while you are young, may seem like a waste of your limited income, however, by starting while you are younger, it is often cheaper in the long run as you will be able to maintain lower fees.
- Starting to invest: Investing small amounts while you are starting on your journey can pay large dividends in the long run. As part of building a solid foundation for your life, investing can help keep you headed in the right direction.
- Managing debt: It is never too early to look at getting on top of your debt, whether it is a credit card or HEC's, any extra payments that can be made now, make a large difference in the future.
Overall, entering the workforce is an important time for you to take control of your finances and create a plan for achieving your best life.
If you have any questions or need help with your finances, please don't hesitate to contact us via email or phone at (07) 3395 8900. Our team of financial experts is here to support you and help you achieve your best life.